Saturday, January 07, 2006

Never gonna give you up


Whatever happened to Rick Astley is a question I ponder to myself...not regularly admittedly, but every now and again.
I remember how he once wooed us with his soulful voice and he's amazing range of dance moves. (For those of you not familiar with sarcasm I'll put it bluntly - he danced like a one legged man doing the okey kokey).
Despite all this I felt a yearning to find out what he was currently up to and thanks to the miracle that is the internet I have.
It seems Mr Astley has been keeping himself busy since the great year of 1987 by writing songs. Apparently he has released several flops down the years but he is now back with 'Portrait'.
How is it that a man standing in the jaws of fame can somehow be plucked from his pedestal and dropped into the ocean of obscurity?
I think this question may be best answered by the house mates of celebrity Big Brother.
Quite surprised Rick wasn't invited actually....

1 Comments:

At 12:18 pm, Blogger Gareth said...

Oooh! I know this one.

It was his decision to quit music in 1987 and spend more time with his family. Well that's what he said on This Morning a few months back.

And Portait is an album of covers I believe, which he hopes will sell enough to let him make new music again.

Fearn and Phil teach you more than GQ ever could.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home